The Santorini wine and brewery tour 5-H will give you the chance to explore the beautiful Greek island of Santorini and indulge in wine and beer tasting. This shore excursion private tour is your best choice if you want to explore the magical world of the unique wines produced on the volcanic soil of Santorini. Viticulture has a history of thousands of years on the island, resulting in wines with a unique flavor profile. In recent years, the production of beer has also flourished, with excellent results.
Our 5-hour private tour offers you the opportunity to get to know the best wineries and breweries of Santorini. You will have the opportunity to taste different wine labels presented by an experienced wine expert, as well as local beers.
Santorini’s natural flavors are perfect for wine lovers and beer lovers alike. Travel back home with bottles of your favorite local wines and beers to enjoy time after time!
Highlights of Santorini wine and brewery tour 5-H
- Experience Santorini’s own grape varieties and the wines produced by experienced winemakers
- Taste local produce, cheeses, and seafood as part of your wine tasting
- Capture the charm of Santorini’s vineyards and the unique landscape
- Visit a brewery and taste local beers
- Liability insurance & designated English-speaking driver
And the Santorini wine and brewery 5 hours private tour begins! Today you will have the chance to visit three (depending on how fast you are) selected wineries and learn all about the local grape varieties and the viticulture of Santorini. On this tour, you will taste and admire the real spirit of Santorini ideal for all visitors as it gives the opportunity to learn in an entertaining way all there is to know about the wine culture of the island! So, share with us the feeling that the tastes of Santorini wines create for your palate and your heart!
Brewery and beer tasting
After we will pick you up visit the local brewery “Crazy donkey”, “Yellow donkey” and the “Red donkey” where you will have the chance to taste 3 different local beers.
Wine and wine tasting
We will next to our Santorini wine and brewery tour 5-H will visit a traditional winery located in Exo Gonia village, with its secrets hidden among volcanic stones. It is named “Best winery in Greece” while its cellars are founded in an underground cave.
Our Santorini wine and brewery private tour with tastings continues to visit the Argyros Estate. This sleek estate offers a fully modern aesthetic while adhering to traditional methods of wine production, such as using mules to plow the fields and using grape byproducts to enrich the soil.
Lastly, we will visit a cliffside winery with a remarkable view of the Caldera, followed by wine tasting. Enjoy the winery which will inspire you to catch many pictures as you admire the incredible views or sunset!
Some wines that you should definitely try, but not be limited to, are the following:
- Assyrtiko, the popular dry white wine known for its texture and balance, is certainly deserving of the praise and acclaim it receives.
- Vinsanto, is a rich sweet wine that can be served as an aperitif.
- Nykteri, which ages and ferments in wooden barrels for months.
- Mavrotragano, a rich and aromatic red wine
- Summer is the driest time but storms can occur year-round. April to October is the best season period to visit. July and August is the best time for partying.
- Most people visit Santorini during the popular summer high season, but you’ll enjoy the island no matter when you go. From May till August, everything’s open and heaving with holidaymakers. Special events like concerts and exhibitions appeal to the masses. However the months before and after are also rewarding as beaches and tavernas are less thronged yet everything is open and the weather and water temps are lovely.
- The best time to relax, and visit Santorini is from September to October and April to May when the weather is warm and the crowds are scarce. April and late in October, some businesses may be closed. Like all of the Cyclades, Santorini welcomes the most visitors during the summer, so you’ll need to make your reservations months in advance if you plan on visiting anytime from June through August.
- Try winter, when room rates tend to plummet. Keep in mind that this season’s average highs only reach the 50s (not good for sunbathing) and the region sees plenty of precipitation. However, all that rain does make for a very flowery (and warm) spring season. Crowds will be at a low in the spring as well, though tourists will begin invading the islands come May.
- Away from the touristy months from May to October, religious feast days dominate island life with families enjoying day-long outings and festivities.
Below find the key events to pick the perfect time to visit Santorini.
- January: Feast of Agios Vasilios, Epiphany.
- February: Carnival is celebrated in Kathara Deftera (the date varies according to when Orthodox Easter Sunday falls).
- March: Independence Day.
- April: Greek Orthodox Easter.
- May: May Day, the Feast day of Agia Theodosia.
- June: Feast of St John the Baptist.
- July: Santorini Jazz Festival, Feast day of Agioi Anargyroi.
- August: Megaron Gyzi Festival, Ifestia Festival, Feast of the Assumption.
- September: International Music Festival.
- October: Feast day of Agios Averkios.
- November: Feast day of Agios Minas.
- December: Christmas
- Transfer offered; Travelers pick up/drop off is offered.
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any Villa, hotel, suite, or apartment in Santorini island, Santorini’s port, and the yacht marina at the pier!
- Info needed; When booking, make sure to include the name and address of your accommodation or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Pick-up time; We propose to pick you up at 08:00 am in order to avoid traffic and crowds! (but as it is a private tour, you can start any time you want)!
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up or at any hotel, address of your accommodation, or yacht and cruise ship.
- Restriction: Pick up & drop off from designated pick-up points depending on your accommodation.
Information Specially For Cruise Passengers
Bring comfortable and suitable footwear, a camera as there is plenty of photo opportunities, Euro for souvenirs, sunscreen, water, and a printout of your voucher.
Let’s see where the cruise ships dock. Most of the cruise ships are not able to dock at the port because Santorini has no deep water dock. Cruise ships float around using their thrusters to remain in place, close to the center of the extinct volcano.
The cruise port of Santorini is also known as the port of Skala, or old port. It was the first port of the island, before the construction of the ferry port. The cruise port is located beneath Fira, one of the largest villages of Thira and the capital of the island.
Where cruise ships usually dock at the same time.
Passengers have tendered ashore via local boats. Passengers who have signed up for the organized ship excursions are tendered ashore to the new ferry port of Athinios, where the large tourist buses are parked. Independent cruise travelers are tendered to the old port below Fira.
However, on the return way to the cruise ship, everyone leaves from the old port at Fira by the same tenders. (All cruise ship’s shore excursions drop everyone off in Fira.)
Options to reach Fira (the capital) from the port.
From the old port, where the boats shuttle the passengers, you can either use the cable car to reach the town of Fira, which will take no more than 5 minutes, or you can ride a donkey, which climbs up a small path on the cliff to Fira.
However, the last option will last longer, and we recommend you take the cable car as there is a great concern for the welfare of the donkeys which are mainly used by tourists.
If you are spending extra time in the town of Fira after the shore excursion, it will be your responsibility to get to your tender on time, please be aware the cable cars can get very busy and there could potentially be a long queue especially if there is more than one cruise ship docking
How to recognize your driver/guide.
At the exit of the cable, your driver/guide will be waiting for you holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to escort you to your vehicle as there is no car access for a few meters.
- Tour time is based on arrival.
- Your tour timing and details are based on when your ship arrives in port and may differ from other cruise itineraries times. Upon booking, details of tour timing and representative pick-up or meeting locations will be provided.
So, bring your camera with you … We’ll bring a good mood!
What is Included
- A professional driver with good knowledge of Santorini island
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Flexible pick-up time on request
- Fira town Pick-up & drop-off outside the cable car station for cruise travelers
- Free Pick-up & drop-off as close as possible to your accommodation in Santorini
- First-class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All new models come with a full leather interior and A/C.
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
What is Excluded
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Beer tasting fee
- Cable car tickets (€6 per person) for cruise ship travelers per person per way, and it is payable on the day in cash.
- Gratuities/Tips are not included and are not compulsory, however, if you had an exceptional experience this is your way of saying thank you, you did a fantastic job.
- Food and beverage
- Official licensed tour guide for guiding inside the archeological sites. Available on request with a surcharge
- A travel escort to walk you through the alleys of Fira and Oia. Available on request with a surcharge
- Your private chauffeur/escort will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities.
- Private tour – Shore Excursion
- Duration: 5-hours
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: Daily
- Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic, or environmental phenomena!
- Although there is minimal walking on this tour, guests must be able to get in and out of the vehicle. This tour is not wheelchair accessible but can accept walkers and canes.
- Fira Town, as well as most of the island’s villages, is a hilltop town that consists of mostly pedestrian streets. Many of these “streets” are nothing more than wide sidewalks of smooth stones pushed into cement which makes for a bumpy surface. There are considerable steps involved as well. Tour is not wheelchair accessible. Return to the ship’s tender pier is via cable car. (Not included).
- Depending on traffic on the day of your tour, the order you see the sites may vary from the tour description order.
- The tour duration does not include the time required to tender ashore from your ship.
- This tour is only for adults ages 18 and over. Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent who assumes full responsibility during the tour.
Santorini Tours Greece is proud to be the first in the industry to offer Guaranteed Departures. A guaranteed departure means; There is no minimum number of bookings required for a trip to run and that the tour will definitely operate on the day it is scheduled and will not be canceled. All guaranteed departures will run except in the event of a natural disaster or another similarly disruptive event that is beyond our control. Our current collection of tours can take you to exciting places in Athens and around the world.
How will we use the information you will give us about yourself?
Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all the necessary information for your tour.
This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Most of Santorini Town’s (Chora) commercial center is either flat or has cobblestone, flagstone-paved streets, and lanes with slight inclines, though there are some lanes that have steps. Note though, the center is surrounded by hills, some of which are steep, but you could easily avoid those and still have plenty to see on flatter terrain.
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users, a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchairs or scooters for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Sedans; Within 24 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 24 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minivan; Within 48 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 36 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minibus 10-20 seats; Within 96 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 96 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Excursions canceled by us or because of FORCE MAJEURE will be fully refunded
- For all vehicles; No show means, no refund
- Especially for cruise travelers: Even if the ship docks and for any reason, the captain or the cruise company decides not to disembark, the full payment will be refunded.