Santorini Sunset Sailing Tour to Volcano and Hot Springs 4-H; Experience a romantic memorable cruise with our traditional boat. Discover the crystal-deep blue waters of the Aegean Sea, the unique colors of the world’s famous Santorini sunset navigating towards the horizon and watching the breathtaking sunset. Leaving Santorini, you will cruise toward the volcanic island.
The Volcano of Santorini despite being quiescent, is active and a very interesting site to visit! Fairly considered one of the most important parts and attractions of Santorini, as the Volcano is responsible for the island’s current shape and morphology. Before the several volcanic eruptions that occurred throughout the years, some of which were submarines, Santorini was a much larger, round island, hence its name used to be Strogili.
Sail past several other cliffs of the islands on our way, and at the same time watch the sunset in the distance. Whether you are looking for a chill-out excursion to the best Santorini or more of a party vibe, we have the perfect choice for you.
Highlights of Santorini Sunset Sailing Tour to Volcano and Hot Springs 4-H
- Visit some of Santorini’s best coves and beaches
- Sail among the nature reserves and volcano
- Admire the beauty of the Santorini coast at sunset
- Enjoy dinner on board
Santorini Sunset Sailing Tour to Volcano and Hot Springs 4-H excursion starts either from the main port of Santorini Athinios or from the picturesque Old port of Santorini. The old port is only accessible by cable car, which is the most common way as it takes only 3 minutes to go down, or you have to descend 587 steps on foot.
Gialos, the Old Port, lies below Fira, nestled at the foot of a rocky cliff. You will be surprised by the steep slopes of the Caldera and, finally, the tiny port will appear under these huge rocks and the cave houses that seem to dangle on the cliff. There, the guides of your excursion will be waiting for you, to give you all the important information and to orientate you on the boat. For more information or clarifications, don’t hesitate to visit our travel agency which is located down at the port.
The Volcano of Santorini
Our first destination will be the famous volcano of Santorini! After sailing for 20 minutes, we will reach Nea Kameni’s jetty. Should you be interested to be guided to the volcano, there is an extra cost of 5 euros per person as an entrance fee. Then, you will walk to the volcano’s ridge with your guide who is going to explain to you everything about its history and its geology. You will stay at the volcanic island for 1.5 hours and then you will embark again for the next stop.
Our next stop will be the island of Palaia Kameni, where the famous hot springs are located on the west side, a place that is really popular for its thermal waters. We will stop there for 30 minutes at a distance of 30 meters from the shallow waters of Agios Nicholaos Beach. Take a dive off the boat and feel the warmth of these extraordinary waters. The waters are also full of sulfur, iron, and other metals coming from the volcano and they are very good for the skin, rheumatism, arthritis, and other physical pains.
Important Note: In order to reach Agios Nicholaos Beach, it is essential to swim extremely well.
Dinner on Board
Sailing above the underwater craters from Palaia Kameni to Therasia Island, the boat will anchor close to the island in order to enjoy your dinner. The experienced staff of the boat will prepare everything for you so as to relax and enjoy our Greek delicious buffet while capturing amazing photos of the Aegean Sea.
- Chicken fillet with vegetables and mustard sauce
- Meatballs (beef, chicken), in tomato sauce
- Greek salad
- Boiled vegetables
- Tzatziki sauce (cucumber, yogurt, garlic)
- Seasonal fruit
- Local wine
Sunset on Board
The end of the Santorini Sunset Sailing Tour to Volcano and Hot Springs comes at sunset time. Aphrodite sets sail and the sun dives into the sea in the northernmost part of the island. Our boat will stop very close to Oia village where you will have the chance to watch the warm light of the setting sun under the violet sky before the night falls. This is the most unforgettable experience as the Caldera and the village of Oia turn into gold colors. Your trip with our boat in this sanctuary of romance is going to be in your memories and your hearts forever!
Departure point: From the Old Port
Departure time: At 13:55. Arrival after sunset.
Transfers are pre-defined pick-up/drop-off locations, at convenient central spots in most villages. After the booking, you will be advised of a pick-up location that is closest to your hotel or most convenient for you!
The cable car cost: 6€ per way for the cable car ticket is extra on you!
- Summer is the driest time but storms can occur year-round. April to October is the best season period to visit. July and August is the best time for partying.
- Most people visit Santorini during the popular summer high season, but you’ll enjoy the island no matter when you go. From May till August, everything’s open and heaving with holidaymakers. Special events like concerts and exhibitions appeal to the masses. However the months before and after are also rewarding as beaches and tavernas are less thronged yet everything is open and the weather and water temps are lovely.
- The best time to relax, and visit Santorini is from September to October and April to May when the weather is warm and the crowds are scarce. April and late in October, some businesses may be closed. Like all of the Cyclades, Santorini welcomes the most visitors during the summer, so you’ll need to make your reservations months in advance if you plan on visiting anytime from June through August.
- Try winter, when room rates tend to plummet. Keep in mind that this season’s average highs only reach the 50s (not good for sunbathing) and the region sees plenty of precipitation. However, all that rain does make for a very flowery (and warm) spring season. Crowds will be at a low in the spring as well, though tourists will begin invading the islands come May.
- Away from the touristy months from May to October, religious feast days dominate island life with families enjoying day-long outings and festivities.
Below find the key events to pick the perfect time to visit Santorini.
- January: Feast of Agios Vasilios, Epiphany.
- February: Carnival is celebrated in Kathara Deftera (the date varies according to when Orthodox Easter Sunday falls).
- March: Independence Day.
- April: Greek Orthodox Easter.
- May: May Day, the Feast day of Agia Theodosia.
- June: Feast of St John the Baptist.
- July: Santorini Jazz Festival, Feast day of Agioi Anargyroi.
- August: Megaron Gyzi Festival, Ifestia Festival, Feast of the Assumption.
- September: International Music Festival.
- October: Feast day of Agios Averkios.
- November: Feast day of Agios Minas.
- December: Christmas
- Transfer offered; Travelers pick up/drop off is offered.
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any Villa, hotel, suite, or apartment in Santorini island, Santorini’s port, and the yacht marina at the pier!
- Info needed; When booking, make sure to include the name and address of your accommodation or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Pick-up time; We propose to pick you up at 08:00 am in order to avoid traffic and crowds! (but as it is a private tour, you can start any time you want)!
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up or at any hotel, address of your accommodation, or yacht and cruise ship.
- Tour start/pick-up times can vary depending on the sunset time. After booking, the local partner will send you an email confirming your pickup time
- Children under the age of 4 can ride for free
- Seats will not be reserved for children 4 and under as they will need to sit on their parent’s lap
So, bring your camera with you … We’ll bring a good mood!
What is Included
- A professional driver with good knowledge of Santorini island
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Flexible pick-up time on request
- Fira town (outside cable car station) for cruise travelers
- Free Pick-up & drop off at your villa/hotel in Santorini
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Santorini port
- Free Pick-up & drop off at Santorini Airport
- First-class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All new models come with a full leather interior and A/C.
- Local taxes
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
What is Excluded
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Cable car tickets (€6 per person) for cruise ship travelers per person per way, and it is payable on the day in cash.
- Gratuities/Tips are not included and are not compulsory, however, if you had an exceptional experience this is your way of saying thank you, you did a fantastic job.
- Food and beverage
- Official licensed tour guide for guiding inside the archeological sites. Available on request with a surcharge
- Your private chauffeur/escort will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities.
- Sunset sailing tout-cruise
- Duration: 4-hours
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: Daily
Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic, or environmental phenomena!
Santorini Tours Greece is proud to be the first in the industry to offer Guaranteed Departures. A guaranteed departure means; There is no minimum number of bookings required for a trip to run and that the tour will definitely operate on the day it is scheduled and will not be canceled. All guaranteed departures will run except in the event of a natural disaster or another similarly disruptive event that is beyond our control. Our current collection of tours can take you to exciting places in Athens and around the world.
How will we use the information you will give us about yourself?
Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all the necessary information for your tour.
This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Most of Santorini Town’s (Chora) commercial center is either flat or has cobblestone, flagstone-paved streets, and lanes with slight inclines, though there are some lanes that have steps. Note though, the center is surrounded by hills, some of which are steep, but you could easily avoid those and still have plenty to see on flatter terrain.
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users, a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchairs or scooters for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Santorini Sunset Sailing Tour to Volcano and Hot Springs 4-H: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Sedans; Within 24 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 24 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minivan; Within 48 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 36 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minibus 10-20 seats; Within 96 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 96 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Excursions canceled by us or because of FORCE MAJEURE will be fully refunded
- For all vehicles; No show means, no refund
- If you have any further questions please contact us!