Santorini Shore Excursion Fira, Villages, Wine Tasting; If you are among those who wish to break away from the crowd and enjoy a more intimate experience, you should definitely consider this 5 hours private shore excursion tour in Santorini, with your private latest technology air-conditioned vehicle. Keep in mind that families and children are always welcome on this tour since there are numerous interesting sites to see.
Santorini Shore Excursion Fira, Villages, Wine Tasting; Over the centuries, the beauty and charm of this island have been enchanted by philosophers, scientists, artists, poets, writers, and intellectuals. Santorini has always been an awe-inspiring island for visitors, due to its unique landscape and architecture.
Highlights of this tour
- 5-hour memorable Shore Excursion in Fira, and Villages
- Walk The Alleyways Of Fira
- Wine tasting
- The highest point of the island, Mount Profitis Ilias
- Visit the monastery built in 1712
Our Santorini Shore Excursion Fira, Villages, Wine Tasting 5-H begins! Walk the alleyways of Fira, perhaps the most visually striking of all the Mediterranean islands, where white villages cling to the towering volcanic cliffs. Explore Fira, where the houses vie for the best views of the Aegean Sea. You will be amazed to see how your gaze will be lost in the deep blue of this amazing sea lying in front of you.
Some believe the island of Santorini to be part of the legendary lost continent of Atlantis. The volcanic island has great views from Mount Profitis Ilias and a monastery dating back to 1712.
The traditional villages of Santorini
Our Santorini Shore Excursion Fira, Villages, and Wine Tasting continue visiting traditional villages In Santorini. During this exciting and varied 5-hour private tour, we take you to the highest point of the island, Mount Profitis Ilias where you can visit the monastery built in 1712. The views from there are spectacular. Then it’s off to visit one of the two nearby traditional villages. The villages have pristine white houses, courtyards, and mansions giving them a very special beauty. You will have free time in the village, before coming to rest at a local winery.
Wine Tasting In Santorini
Next to our Santorini Shore Excursion Fira, Villages, and Wine Tasting, is a visit to a winery. Santorini is renowned for its fully flavored wines. Santorini has a long tradition in viticulture, counting at least 3,500 years. The unique climate combined with the soil composition has made the vinified varieties give wines a distinctive personality. The rare aromas of the authentic sun-dried wines of Santorini are reminiscent of honey, raisin, fig, and walnut.
The island has one of the oldest vineyards around the world, dating from prehistoric times. The main grape varieties grown in Santorini that give all the wide range of wines s300are the Assyrtiko giving 80% of the production of Santorini, Athyri, and Aidani giving white wines, as well as Mantilaria, Mavrotragano, and Voudomato giving red wines.
The wines of Santorini are characterized by intense aromas and flavors. When you find yourself in the local winery, do not miss the chance to taste one of the tasteful wines you will ever get to taste in your life: Vinsanto. Vinsanto (Vino di Santorini) is the traditional sweet wine of Santorini and is connected with the modern history of the island. The vinification is made from sun-dried grapes in the summer sun of Santorini. Could you think of anything better than this perfect end to a relaxing tour?
Fira, the impressive capital of Santorini
Lastly of our Santorini Shore Excursion Fira, Villages, and Wine Tasting, you will visit Fira! Here you will have free time to enjoy the breathtaking view of the caldera and the volcano while having a refreshment, coffee, a beer, or lunch till the time comes to walk to the cable car for your departure! Fira is the beautiful capital of the island and the biggest and most cosmopolitan settlement of Santorini.
Fira is a combination of natural beauty, social life, nightlife, and shopping, where you can feel the liveliness of the island and where all the action takes place. What makes it so ravishing is the Caldera view that leaves visitors speechless any time of the day. A walk to the scenic alleys during the daytime will fill you with harmony, while at night you can find yourself in the middle of a big party.
There is a wealth of restaurants, cafes, bars, and clubs where you can relax and enjoy the tremendous view or dance and have fun. It actually owns the greatest dining out and entertainment selection on the island and the largest shopping center, too. Moreover, there are many clothes shops, gift shops, souvenir shops, supermarkets, and other facilities for every need.
After the end of your visit to Fira town, your private Santorini shore excursion ends just by walking the cable car and admiring the wonderful view of the caldera.
- Summer is the driest time but storms can occur year-round. April to October is the best season period to visit. July and August is the best time for partying.
- Most people visit Santorini during the popular summer high season, but you’ll enjoy the island no matter when you go. In May till August, everything’s open and heaving with holidaymakers. Special events like concerts and exhibitions appeal to the masses. However the months before and after are also rewarding as beaches and tavernas are less thronged yet everything is open and the weather and water temps are lovely.
- The best time to relax, and visit Santorini is from September to October and April to May when the weather is warm and the crowds are scarce. April and late in October, some businesses may be closed. Like all of the Cyclades, Santorini welcomes the most visitors during the summer, so you’ll need to make your reservations months in advance if you plan on visiting anytime from June through August.
- Try winter, when room rates tend to plummet. Keep in mind that this season’s average highs only reach the 50s (not good for sunbathing) and the region sees plenty of precipitation. However, all that rain does make for a very flowery (and warm) spring season. Crowds will be at a low in the spring as well, though tourists will begin invading the islands come May.
- Away from the touristy months from May to October, religious feast days dominate island life with families enjoying day-long outings and festivities.
- Below find the key events to pick the perfect time to visit Santorini.
- January: Feast of Agios Vasilios, Epiphany.
- February: Carnival is celebrated in Kathara Deftera (the date varies according to when Orthodox Easter Sunday falls).
- March: Independence Day.
- April: Greek Orthodox Easter.
- May: May Day, the Feast day of Agia Theodosia.
- June: Feast of St John the Baptist.
- July: Santorini Jazz Festival, Feast day of Agioi Anargyroi.
- August: Megaron Gyzi Festival, Ifestia Festival, Feast of the Assumption.
- September: International Music Festival.
- October: Feast day of Agios Averkios.
- November: Feast day of Agios Minas.
- December: Christmas
- Transfer offered; Travelers pick up/drop off is offered.
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any Villa, hotel, suite, or apartment in Santorini island, Santorini’s port, and the yacht marina at the pier!
- Info needed; When booking, make sure to include the name and address of your accommodation or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Pick-up time; We propose to pick you up at 08:00 am in order to avoid traffic and crowds! (but as it is a private tour, you can start any time you want)!
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up or at any hotel, address of your accommodation, or yacht and cruise ship.
Meeting Information Specially For Cruise Passengers
Let’s see where the cruise ships dock. Most of the cruise ships are not able to dock at the port because Santorini has no deep water dock. Cruise ships float around using their thrusters to remain in place, close to the center of the extinct volcano.
The cruise port of Santorini is also known as the port of Skala, or old port. It was the first port of the island, before the construction of the ferry port. The cruise port is located beneath Fira, one of the largest villages of Thira and the capital of the island.
Where several cruise ships usually dock at the same time.
Passengers have tendered ashore via local boats. Passengers who have signed up for the organized ship excursions are tendered ashore to the new ferry port of Athinios, where the large tourist buses are parked. Independent cruise travelers are tendered to the old port below Fira.
However, on the return way to the cruise ship, everyone leaves from the old port at Fira by the same tenders. (All cruise ship’s shore excursions drop everyone off in Fira.)
Options to reach Fira (the capital) from the port.
From the old port, where the boats shuttle the passengers, you can either use the cable car to reach the town of Fira, which will take no more than 5 minutes, or you can ride a donkey, which climbs up a small path on the cliff to Fira.
However, the last option will last longer, and we recommend you take the cable car as there is a great concern for the welfare of the donkeys which are mainly used by tourists.
How to recognize your driver/guide.
At the exit of the cable, your driver/guide will be waiting for you holding a sign with your name written on it, in order to escort you to your vehicle as there is no car access for a few meters.
So, bring your camera with you… We’ll bring a good mood!
What is Included
- A professional driver with good knowledge of Santorini island
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Flexible pick-up time on request
- Fira town Pick-up & drop-off outside the cable car station for cruise travelers
- Free Pick-up & drop-off as close as possible to your accommodation in Santorini
- First-class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All new models come with a full leather interior and A/C.
- Local taxes
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
What is Excluded
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Cable car tickets (€6 per person) for cruise ship travelers
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Official licensed tour guide for guiding inside the archeological sites. Available on request with a surcharge
- A travel escort to walk you through the alleys of Fira and Oia. Available on request with a surcharge
- Your private chauffeur/escort will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities.
- Private tour – Shore Excursion
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: Daily
- Duration: 5-hours
- Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic, or environmental phenomena!
- Although there is minimal walking on this tour, guests must be able to get in and out of the vehicle. This tour is not wheelchair accessible but can accept walkers and canes.
- Fira Town, as well as most of the island’s villages, is a hilltop town that consists of mostly pedestrian streets. Many of these “streets” are nothing more than wide sidewalks of smooth stones pushed into cement which makes for a bumpy surface. There are considerable steps involved as well. Tour is not wheelchair accessible. Return to the ship’s tender pier is via cable car. (Not included).
- Depending on traffic on the day of your tour, the order you see the sites may vary from the tour description order.
- The tour duration does not include the time required to tender ashore from your ship.
- This tour is only for adults ages 18 and over. Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent who assumes full responsibility during the tour.
Santorini Tours Greece is proud to be the first in the industry to offer Guaranteed Departures. A guaranteed departure means; There is no minimum number of bookings required for a trip to run and that the tour will definitely operate on the day it is scheduled and will not be canceled. All guaranteed departures will run except in the event of a natural disaster or another similarly disruptive event that is beyond our control. Our current collection of tours can take you to exciting places in Athens and around the world.
How will we use the information you will give us about yourself?
Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all the necessary information for your tour.
This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Most of Santorini Town’s (Chora) commercial center is either flat or has cobblestone, flagstone-paved streets, and lanes with slight inclines, though there are some lanes that have steps. Note though, the center is surrounded by hills, some of which are steep, but you could easily avoid those and still have plenty to see on flatter terrain.
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-soled walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users, a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchairs or scooters for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM – 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM – 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Sedans; Within 24 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 24 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minivan; Within 48 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 36 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minibus 10-20 seats; Within 96 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 96 hrs, a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Excursions canceled by us or because of FORCE MAJEURE will be fully refunded
- For all vehicles; No show means, no refund
- Especially for cruise travelers: Even if the ship docks and for any reason, the captain or the cruise company decides not to disembark, the full payment will be refunded.